ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software now provides school districts with the option to create and assign Group Classifications to apply customized settings including:
- Space Usage Fees
- Bypass Approval Process
- Bypass Minimum/Maximum Days Notice Required
- Require Insurance Information
The simplest, most common use of Group Classifications is to delineate between internal school groups and external community groups.
- Groups classified as Internal would not be charged space usage fees and could bypass both the district-set approval process, as well as days notice required to reserve with no insurance certification required.
- Community Groups would be charged usage fees and held to the parameters set for approval, days required, and insurance requirements.
Below is a chart showing a more complex application of Classifications that further divides internal and external groups.
Note that Group Classifications is an option in the software; a district doesn’t need to change the way it uses the software if Classifications is not desirable. However, if a district chooses to use Group Classifications, it is recommended that they do so on a district-wide basis with Classifications applied to all spaces and users.
See the ML Schedules™ Software Help blog for complete instructions.
– Aaron Barley, MasterLibrary™ Software Product Specialist